Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Plein Air

I went on a field trip with Delton yesterday and tried my hand at plein air painting...  It was sort of like live painting at events, with people all around asking you what you're doing or telling stories of their art experiences, but it's different.  I'm used to doing abstract work, but I really wanted to try to translate what I saw into something tangible yesterday...  Painting next to Delton makes my work looks like child's play, but I'll continue painting with him because it will only help.  Today is the last day of the Denver Plein Air Arts Festival hosted by the Golden Triangle Museum District, I'm not sure if I should get my piece stamped and try to submit it into the competition, I would rather submit an abstract...  Maybe I need another board to paint!

No comments: