Sunday, September 18, 2011

beyond qr codes

Preview of Interactive Art Book by Stereo Abstract from Stereo Abstract on Vimeo.

I am currently working on a book showcasing a collection of my present artwork. I didn't want to add a bunch of text to the book itself, but I still want people to have an interactive experience... First I thought of using QR (quick response) codes on each page, which at first sounded awesome, then I found the "digital watermark" technology. The technology has been developed by a company called Digimarc, in the past it has only been used to copyright images regardless of any manipulation. Now with apps and codes and the internet, Digimarc is offering new options, Digimarc Discover is what I am going to use in my book... I'm pumped on the concept of the book itself, but this 'discovery' is going to make this book of mine pretty unique!

No comments: